Sunday 30 December 2007

Happy Kwanzaa - Nia (Purpose)


On this fifth day of Kwanzaa, we celebrate Nia(Purpose). To make our collective vocation the building and development of our community; to restore our people to their traditional greatness.

I believe we all have a purpose in life. I believe the purpose of Kwanzaa is to make us think, not only about ourselves and our family but also about the community. To think about who we are, where we are and what the future holds. I will never be rich, not in the financial sense of the word but I do feel I am so much richer through my connection with my family, friends and the great many people I have met along the way. I will continue to strive to be the best I can be whilst promoting cultural awareness and practices within the community.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Ruth

http://www.infrared-sauna-spot.info
pam

Zulu Hats or Isicholos

Zulu Hats or Isicholos
"It makes me happy" ("Beauty is the promise of happiness") Stendhal - French Author