Thursday 30 August 2007

Where has the African sun gone?

I am sorry that I haven't spoken to you for a while. The summer months haven't worked out as well as they should have and instead of feeling perky, I feel a little bit under the weather. We had plans to spend a lot of time outdoors, in our little African art retreat. But as you know, rain and more rain put a stop to that! When we did have a few sunny days, it was such a shock to the system. By the time I recovered, those sunny days had passed me by.

Our daughter is now preparing to return to school and that is a stark reminder that summer is coming to an end and those Autumn months will soon be here.

On a brighter note, we managed to visit an African art exhibition in London. In fact, it was part of a wonderful culturally inspiring week-end we spent with friends. The exhibition itself was pretty small but it was enough to keep us occupied for nearly 3 hours! You see, when we start looking at African art it is serious business and nothing gets past our beady eyes!

No comments:

Zulu Hats or Isicholos

Zulu Hats or Isicholos
"It makes me happy" ("Beauty is the promise of happiness") Stendhal - French Author