Monday 19 February 2007

Feeling Special for a Week


Today is a week since Valentine's Day. I had asked my customers to follow my recipe for an African themed Valentine's Date. I suggested they:

*Check out some African art at Kafele's;

*Share an intimate meal for 2;

*Watch a romantic African Film or play some romantic tunes. I had recommended
"Say Good-bye" by Howard Hewett. "What, who"? I hear you ask. It's ok, it's a beautiful ballad to wrap yourself in.

*And finally, I had asked for them to celebrate Valentine' Day for the whole week.
Don't you agree that one day is not enough to feel special?


Well, starting backwards. I certainly celebrated it for a week. Jed has been away this week in Belfast sharing his love with a group of young people. This is the longest period of time we have ever been apart. And, I have to say I missed him dearly. We phoned each other every day and expressed some of that love and miss you stuff (sloppy, I know). I also shared this love with my older daughter as she too was away from home.

I listened to Howard Hewitt - on my own (as Jed had gone by then). But ooh! did it sound sweet.

We ate an African/Caribbean meal for 3 at home (with our younger daughter).

We gave a piece of African art (Songye Mask) to a business associate. Simply because he is extremely helpful and such a nice guy.

Remember this is an African Art Retreat and we can do more or less what we like here.

I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Week.

No comments:

Zulu Hats or Isicholos

Zulu Hats or Isicholos
"It makes me happy" ("Beauty is the promise of happiness") Stendhal - French Author